Faculty Senate Minutes
January 19, 2011
Approved February 2, 2011
Present – Kathleen Parrow, Mary Jones, Parthasarathi Nag, Jim Hesson, Sasha Pursley, Tim Steckline for Sonya Pagel, Gina Gibson, Nancy Roberts, Jami Stone and Brittney Seitz (Student Senate President)
Dr. Kristi Pearce was also in attendance
Called to order 3:23
Agenda approved with additions
- Approval of December 1st minutes
- Jami Stone discussed the Distinguished Faculty nominee process and criteria. The call for nominations will be sent out soon.
- The Faculty Senate webpage is in development and was reviewed for suggestions from the Senate.
- Library Committee Survey will be sent out and hopefully there will be a good return on feedback.
- Dr. Pearce discussed the Academic Dishonesty form and procedure. The Senate made several suggestions and comments about the form and procedure and Dr. Pearce clarified the role of the Academic Standards Committee and the Student Conduct criteria from the Dean of Students. Dr. Pearce will work with the Senate and faculty to improve the form and procedure.
- The administration believes that the Gen Ed Committee can complete their required tasks and bring them to the Faculty Senate. There is no need for a General Education Task Force.
- IGR & Gen Ed Graduation Requirements were discussed. We need to broaden the “research/creative activity”. And, how can we
assess this outcome? The Learning Outcomes are written loosely. We need measureable student learning outcomes.
- Monthly “listening lunches” for faculty with Kristi Pearce will be scheduled. Each month the “listening lunch” will occur on a different day/time to accommodate faculty schedules. Suggested topics for the first session include IDEA forms and Academic Dishonesty.
Adjourned at 5:00
Minutes recorded and submitted by Mary Jones, Faculty Senate Secretary and Sasha Pursley.
Posted on February 11, 2011 @ 14:02 by ginagibson