The office of Institutional Research within Academic Affairs unit uses internal and external data sources to provide accurate, appropriate, and timely information intended to support BHSU fulfill its vision of being recognized as a high quality, innovative university in the state, Greater Black Hills region, nation, and the world. The office provides data to fulfill mandatory state and federal reporting requirements.
The office generates an annual BHSU Factbook, provides data support for program reviews, and conducts ad hoc analyses enabling data-driven decision-making. Examples of data provided and analyses performed include:
• Census report
• Changes in course-taking patterns
• Demographic analyses
• Enrollment headcounts by major and minor areas of study
• Graduation and retention studies
• IPEDS reporting (National Center for Education Statistics, US Department of Education)
• Matriculation report
• Online IDEA student ratings of instruction
• Registration report
Please note that there may be restrictions on data availability and access given the proprietary nature of the gathered information.
Other Sources of Institutional Data
For more information, contact Dr. Maxwell Ndigu Kwenda
, Director of Institutional Research, Woodburn Hall 300, (605) 642-6087