March 3, 2010
Black Hills State University Faculty Senate Minutes
Meier Hall Rm. 203
Members present: Randy Royer, (President), Laura Colmenero-Chilberg (Secretary), Jim Hesson, Parthasarathi Nag, Gina Gibson, Chen Wu, David Crawford, Sasha Pursley
3:15 PM -- Senate called to order. Agenda was approved. Minutes for the 12/09/09 were not available and their approval was tabled until the March meeting. Minutes from the 1/27/10 meeting were approved with minor changes. Pursley made the motion to approve. Nag seconded the motion. Approved.
• Distinguished Faculty: It was recommended that David Wolff be the Distinguished Faculty member for this year. Nag moved to approve this; Pursley seconded the motion. APPROVED
• Recognition for Dr. Myers: The plaque for Dr. Myers has been ordered.
• Student Senate Report: Jacobs reported that he had been told that the Faculty Salary Enhancement Fee is not being held for later disbursement to faculty but instead has been integrated into the general budget.
• Non-Faculty Duties: The president has asked for a list of any responsibilities the faculty have been regularly engaged in that don’t fit within our normal duties.
• Travel Funds: There was discussion that these funds have been inequitably divided among different departments.
• Meetings with Upper Administration: President Royer will be meeting with Dr. Haney and with President Schallenkamp. He requests that Faculty Senators contact him with issues to be discussed.
• Curriculum Proposals: Curriculum proposals were reviewed and approved.
• Elections for Faculty Senate: Elections for Faculty Senate will be held in April with elections to officer positions in May. President Royer will be leaving Faculty Senate as he assumes his duties as department chair.
Next meeting will be March 17, 2010.
5 PM. Senate meeting adjourned
Respectfully submitted by Laura Colmenero-Chilberg
Faculty Senate Secretary