SDCL 3-20-4 provides a 50% tuition reduction for individuals who meet all of the requirements for admission to any state educational institution under the control and management of the Board of Regents and who meet the following criteria:
1. Continuously employed by the State in a regular, benefits-eligible position for a period of one year or more;
2. Is a bona-fide resident of the State;
3. Maintains an academic grade of 2.0 or better;
4. Received a rating of competent or better in the most recent merit appraisal or is otherwise certified as competent by the immediate supervisor; and
5. is a benefit-eligible employee.
Reduced tuition may be used for a maximum of six undergraduate or graduate credit hours per semester. Enrollment of persons paying reduced tuition may be cancelled if the maximum enrollment of a course is met by full tuition enrollees. See BOR Policy 5:5:1.
Forms for reduced tuition are available in the Human Resource Office or may be found at: http://www.bhsu.edu/Portals/0/facultystaff/hr/General/SD%20Tuition%20Reduction.pdf.