The logo should be prominent and be immediately noticeable on all publications. The logo should be placed on the front cover of multiple page/panel publications such as brochures, newsletters, and magazines.
The logo may be reduced or enlarged proportionally, but the relationship of the elements may not be distorted, altered or modified in any way.
The logo must appear on all printed and online communications and on all printed materials which represent the academic and administrative units of the University. Download the official BHSU logos.
Logo Minimum Size
The logo should be used in a size large enough to ensure legibility. The BHSU logo should be the largest logo and be prominently displayed.
- Publications that are 11”x17” should have a minimum logo size of 2" wide.
- Publications that are 8.5”x11” should have a minimum logo size of 1 ½" wide
- Publications that are smaller than 8.5” x 11” should never be less than 1 ¼” wide.
- Larger or smaller minimum sizes may be necessary for other media such as video and film, or products that require specialized manufacturing. If you feel you need to use the logo smaller or have questions about extra large files, contact the Marketing & Communications Office for assistance.
The logo should not be overprinted or be printed on a background that is distracting. The area surrounding the logo should be open with a minimum margin of ¼ inch to maintain the best legibility.
The BHSU logo should be the most prominent logo. Secondary logos or symbols for colleges, divisions, departments, centers, or any other University organization create confusion for the audience. It is important that additional logos be used smaller as a secondary identity.
- The logo cannot be combined with any other type or graphic elements.
- Outlines or drop shadows cannot be used with the logo.
- The logo cannot be covered in any part with charts, words, images, etc.
- The logo should not be used as separate parts.
- No part of the logo can be distorted in any way.
- Outdated or previous versions of the logo should not be used.
Examples unacceptable logo usage:
The following previous or outdated logos that should no longer be used: