This article will explain how to add and edit a text module. These instructions are for administrative, page and module editors though page and module editors may see some differences when they are logged in.
If you are having difficulties logging in or need username and password information, please contact WebTraining@bhsu.edu for assistance. Below you will find the written instructions, a printable file for your convenience and you can watch a short video as well.
To add an HTML module to your page.
- Make sure the Add New Module radio button is selected.
- Under the Module: field, select HTML.
- Select where to insert the module. Under the Pane: field choose an option.NOTE: Your options are: Content Pane, Right Pane, Left Pane, Lower Left Pane, and Lower Content Pane.
- Select where to place the module in relation to other modules in that pane. Under the Insert: field select either: Top, Above, Below, Bottom.
- Under the Visibility: field, select whether you would like this module to be visible to everyone with Same As Page, or to Page Editors Only.NOTE: You would want to make a module visible to page editors only if the module will be a work in progress for a few days. This way no one will be able to see the module unless logged into the website. You will be able to change the visibility for everyone to see after the module is completed.
- Click Add Module To Page
NOTE: You will then see your module has been added to the page. From here you will be able to add and edit text in your module, manage the module settings, or delete the module.
To insert text into your module:
- Click Edit Content in the lower left corner of the module.
This will take you to a new page with a Content Editor where you can insert/edit your text.
- Once you have added or edited your text, click Preview, to preview your text prior to saving.
- Click Save, to save the text changes you have made. Click Cancel if you would like to not keep your changes.NOTE: If you initially click Preview, you must click Save afterwards for your text to save to the module.
Do you want to print out the instructions? Download the printable version of How to Add and Edit a Text Module.
Watch a video on how to edit module content.
If you have any questions about this or any other posting, please feel free to contact us.
Posted on: November 08, 2010 @ 15:42