This tutorial will discuss how to insert an image. If you are having difficulties or need any further clarification, please contact WebTraining@bhsu.edu for assistance. Below you will find the written instructions, a printable file for your convenience and you can watch a short video as well.
First confirm that you are logged in, on the the page that you will be placing your photo, and in the Edit Content mode of the module you wish to have the picture inserted in.
- Click your cursor in the content area where you want the picture to be placed.
- Click on the Insert Picture icon (looks like a landscape with a sun).
- On the Image Properties window click Browse Server.
- On the Image Gallery window, navigate through your folders to the location of the picture you wish to insert.
NOTE: If you go into the wrong folder, you can return to the previous folder by clicking Go Up folder.
- If the picture is not yet uploaded to the server (i.e. it is still on your computer), navigate to the folder where you wish this picture to be stored. Make sure the picture you are going to insert is web quality.
- After you have selected the picture, you will automatically be taken back to the Image Properties window. You can see your picture in the preview box.
- Type in the Alternative Text. This is the text that will show up if someone hovers over the image, and it is the text that a screen-reader or search engine will see. Alternative text can include a brief description of the photo, a summary of the text contained in the graphic, or a summary of the photo in context to the text that surrounds it.
- In the Align field, select Left or Right. This brings the text around the photo and aligns the photo either left or right depending on your preference.
- To hyperlink a picture to another web page, click the Link tab and insert the hyperlink in the URL field. (For more information on this step, see the Hyperlinking an Image Tutorial)
- Click OK.
- You will see the picture inserted into the module.
Do you want to print out the instructions? Download the printable version of How to Insert a Picture.
If you have any questions about this or any other posting, please feel free to contact us.
Posted on: June 04, 2010 @ 14:10