This article will explain how to add an existing module. These instructions are for administrative and page editors. If you are having difficulties or need any further clarification, please contact WebTraining@bhsu.edu for assistance. Below you will find the written instructions, a printable file for your convenience and you can watch a short video as well.
Adding an Existing Module can save you time both in the present and future. Use the Add Existing Module option, when there is content you would like on multiple pages, but would only like to change it once. Using this process of adding an existing module, you can change one module and the changes will be reflected in all of the modules. Let’s learn how to add an existing module.
- Navigate to the page where you would like to add the module.
NOTE: For this demonstration, I am going to add an existing module to my STF Projects page and its title will be Banner. It is best to have all your module settings established prior to adding an existing module as those changes will not be reflected on the additional modules.
- Confirm you are in edit mode.
- In the Add Module area, select the Add Existing Module radio button.
NOTE: After selecting this option, you will see that your options will change from Module and Title as the first two options in the left column, to Page and Module.
- In the Page: field, select the page from which you want to add the module.
- In the Module: field, select the module you would like to add.
NOTE: It is important that the module you want to add has a title you will be able to recognize and easily identify. If you did not give the module a title, there will be a blank spot or it will have a default title in the drop down menu making it difficult to know what to select.
- In the Pane: field, select which pane you would like the module to be placed.
NOTE: You can add an existing module anywhere on a new page, it doesn’t have to be in the same place. For this example, I want to put my banner in the same location, in the top pane.
- Click Add Module to Page to add the existing module.
- You will then see the module on your page where you added it.
Do you want to print out the instructions? Download the printable version of How to Add an Existing Module.
If you have any questions about this or any other posting, please feel free to contact us.
Posted on: June 04, 2010 @ 13:59