BHSU Faculty Senate Meeting
Minutes - Approved October 6, 2010
Wednesday, September 15th, 2010
Black Hills State University
Members present: Jim Hesson, Mary Jones, Parthasarathi Nag, Gina Gibson, Sonya Pagel, Sasha Pursley, Chen Wu, Jami Stone, Kathleen Parrow, Adam Bailey, and Nancy Roberts
Called to order at 3:15
- Agenda and minutes approved
- Parrow and Stone will met monthly with the President and Provost
- Reviewed Senate Committee memberships and liaisons
- Updates on information from Academic Council meetings including the new smoking policy, earlier course withdrawal deadline, placement policies and academic credit, plus and minus grades and the possible role of Faculty Senate regarding these topics.
- Parrow and Stone met with President and Provost on September 8th to discuss possible General Education Task Force. VP Haney will forward a proposal to the Senate for review. Several questions and issues were raised by the Senate members and further discussion will follow upon receipt of the proposal.
- Issues with computers across campus were discussed and it was decided to survey each division for any suggestions, requests, problems, etc. and review the collective responses.
Meeting adjourned at 4:45
Posted on December 28, 2010 @ 16:52 by