March 31, 2010
Black Hills State University Faculty Senate Minutes
Meier Hall Rm. 203
Members present: Randy Royer, (President), Laura Colmenero-Chilberg (Secretary), Jim Hesson, Parthasarathi Nag, Gina Gibson, Chen Wu, David Crawford, Sasha Pursley
3:15 PM -- Senate called to order. Agenda was approved. Motions were made that the minutes for the March 3(Pursley move; Nag 2nd) and March 17 (Nag move; Pursley 2nd) meetings were approved with minor changes. Approved.
• Elections: President Royer will send out ballots for the elections.
• Mailboxes: Dr. Royer met with Jerry Swarts. Support Services is looking to consolidate mailboxes.
• Faculty Senate Officers around the State to Meet with Dr. Warner: A meeting time was not identified so no meeting ever occurred.
• Curriculum Change Process: The role of Faculty Senate in this process was discussed. Concerns have also centered on (1) the failure of some Departments to include faculty in the curricular decision-making in their areas and (2) a need to establish a formal process to make sure implications of curricular changes in one area is communicated to other departments and colleges that will be affected.
• Curriculum Proposals: The modifications to PSYC 557, 561 and 565 (motion Pursley; 2nd Gibson), AIS 377(motion Pursley; 2nd Colmenero-Chilberg) and ART 430 (motion Pursley; 2nd Gibson) were discussed and approved.
Next meeting will be April 14, 2010.
5 PM. Senate meeting adjourned
Respectfully submitted by Laura Colmenero-Chilberg
Faculty Senate Secretary