South Dakota NASA EPSCoR announces three 2010–2012 grant opportunities:
1. Research Seed Grants (Research Initiation Grants)
2. Travel Grants
3. Tribal College Collaboration Grants
The South Dakota NASA EPSCoR Office announces the following three funding opportunities which are available to faculty at all institutions of higher education in South Dakota:
1. Research Initiation Grants of up to $25,000 for single-institution projects or $50,000 for multiple-institution projects to promote research projects endorsed by a collaborator at NASA Headquarters, a NASA Center, or a NASA contractor.
2. Travel Grants for visits to NASA Headquarters, NASA Centers, or NASA contractors with the purpose of developing research collaborations.
3. Tribal College Collaboration Grants of up to $20,000 to support research or curriculum development activities involving Tribal College faculty or staff working with counterparts at a public or private university in South Dakota.
All three grant types require 1:1 non-federal matching funds. Research Initiation Grants and Travel Grants require a letter or email from a NASA researcher or administrator endorsing the proposed activity (or corresponding personnel at a NASA contractor). Faculty may apply for any/all combinations of the three grant types.
For application materials, contact the sponsored programs office at 642-6204.