1. Evaluation for:
a. Annual Review
d. Promotion and Tenure
2. Covering the calendar year:
TO BE COMPLETED BY FACULTY UNIT MEMBER
3. Background information:
Academic rank: and date granted:
Degrees in reverse chronological order:
Additional academic or professional education:
4. Expectations, consistent with institutional policies and subject to the concurrence of the dean and vice president, for faculty unit member performance with respect to teaching and academic advising, research, scholarship and creative activity, and service during the evaluation period as per comment of department head pursuant to Section 11.1(4).
5. Describe your major assigned responsibilities during the evaluation period.
6. Describe your major performance objectives during the current evaluation period.
7. a. List your significant contributions to teaching or cooperative extension activities. (Appendix G of the BOR COHE agreement contains a sample list.)
b. List your significant contributions to academic advisement.
8. List your significant contributions in research, scholarship or creative activity. (Appendix G of the BOR COHE agreement contains a sample list.)
9. a. List your significant contributions to the university. (Appendix G of the BOR COHE agreement contains a sample list.)
b. List your significant contributions to your discipline or profession. (Appendix G of the BOR COHE agreement contains a sample list.)
c. List your significant contributions to the community-at-large. (Appendix G of the BOR COHE agreement contains a sample list.)
10. Proposed major performance objectives for the next evaluation period.
TO BE COMPLETED BY IMMEDIATE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISOR
11. Professional performance:
a. Indicate your assessment of the faculty unit member’s performance by explaining whether, consistent with contemporary standards of the institution, the faculty unit member exceeded, achieved or fell short of the level of performance reasonably expected in a(n) (indicate rank) with like tenure status and comparable professional responsibilities and resources. The explanation must indicate the consideration given to rank, experience and tenure status, professional responsibilities and resources. Separate ratings must be given for teaching, including separate mention of academic advisement, research and service responsibilities. In each instance, based on the information supplied by the faculty unit member, the supervisor must identify the specific activities, or lack thereof, that warrant the rating.
b. For all faculty unit members who serve on tenure track contracts or who hold rank below that of professor, comment about progress towards achieving the levels of performance that, in keeping with institutional standards, justify a recommendation for promotion to a more senior rank or award of tenure. Comments must address each area of professional responsibility.
c. Where appropriate, include recommendations for augmentation monies and contract renewal.
d. Response to the faculty unit member’s major performance objectives for the next evaluation period?
Signature of Supervisor: ________________________________________________
12. I have received these comments and ratings from my immediate supervisor. I understand that I have the right to respond to these comments and ratings in writing or to call upon a peer group to review the evaluation, provided that notice of such intent is given to the department head within five (5) working days after receipt of this document.
Signature of Faculty Unit Member:_______________________________________
13. I should like to add:
14. I have reviewed these comments and ratings. I should like to add:
Signature of Dean or Vice President for Academic Affairs:___________________
Human Resources Black Hills State University 1200 University Street Unit #9568 Spearfish, SD 57799-9502 605.642.6877 BHSUHumanResources@BHSU.edu