posted on October 06, 2012 17:45
Welcome to BHSU! As your Admissions Counselor, I think it's important for you to know a little more about me. I'm originally a "farm-kid" who grew up surrounded by tall corn fields in Iowa. While earning my Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications - Public Relations & Advertising, I met a girl from Rapid City. During those years, I fell in love with the Black Hills (and the girl, too) and after college, we made Spearfish our permanent home. We've now been married and lived here in Spearfish for more than 4 years and love every minute of it! BHSU is such a great place to live and learn - I truly believe that you'll be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful university with faculty and staff who care about your success as much of those at BHSU. I look forward to helping you through the Admissions and enrollment process at every step of the way.
10 Random Facts About Me:
- I can drive a tractor, know what the four H’s in "4-H" stand for and showed cattle at the county fair all through high school.
- I have perfect, 20/20 vision in one eye and I’m legally blind in the other eye. I wear one VERY strong contact lens.
- I've been on stage and participated in one of the big-stage tricks as part of magician David Copperfield's show.
- I’ve never broke any bones in my body.
- I have three siblings - 2 brothers and 1 sister.
- In the summer of 2009, I took a week-long vacation and rode my bicycle almost 500 miles across the state of Iowa with about 10,000 other cyclists. Crazy? Maybe. But, I had a blast and hope to do it again in an upcoming summer.
- I’ve met Pee-Wee Herman. Not the greatest experience of my life, but I do have the pictures to prove it.
- I love to hike and explore here in the Black Hills – and anywhere else, for that matter. Most of my favorite Black Hills hikes don’t appear on any visitor maps or tourist pamphlets. I prefer the “off-the-beaten-path” adventures.
- I’ve been “under,” on-stage, at more hypnosis shows that I can remember – literally. Whenever I’m watching a hypnotist, I have a strange habit of paying too close of attention and “going under” while sitting in the audience. I usually end up on stage, and later end up hearing all about how “hilarious” it was from my family or friends that were there with me.
- At one point in my life, I had three snakes and a tarantula as pets. Those days are gone. Now, I just have houseplants.