Regular scheduled rates by rent-a-car services will be an allowable charge for transportation except as following:
- Rental of automobiles can be justified only where no other adequate, economical method of transportation (such as taxi, bus, limousine, or private car) is available.
- An individual can make a number of taxicab trips in a day’s time before exceeding the cost of one day’s automobile rental.
- Payment for automobile rentals will not be authorized where a more economical and practical method of transportation is available.
- Personal convenience cannot be considered as sufficient justification.
- Extra charges for insurance and liability coverage is not allowable since coverage is provided by the State of South Dakota for employees on state business.
- A statement of justification for car rental services must be attached to the Travel Request and Voucher.
- One-trip vouchers for Avis is available in the Purchasing Office.
Posted on February 03, 2015 @ 09:27