- If a state vehicle is available but the employee chooses to drive a personal vehicle, the employee shall be paid at the rate of $.23 per mile.
- If a state vehicle is not available, the employee shall be paid in lieu of actual expenses of transportation. The pay will be at $.42 per mile for use of privately owned automobiles when engaged in official business outside city limits of their designated posts of duty or place of service.
- The rate covering mileage submitted from the odometer is deemed to cover all expenses incidental to operation of an automobile such as gasoline, oil, tires, repairs, insurance, meters, etc.
- Driving personal or state vehicles will be allowed meals and lodging up to two (2) days each way for travel between their home base and their business destination.
- If travel is by airline, a maximum travel period of one day is allowed before and after a meeting.
- Allowable car mileage for out-of-state travel will not exceed the cost of the most economical commercial airfare available.
- All personal car use must have the prior approval of the Vice President for Finance & Administration.
Posted on August 23, 2016 @ 18:01