posted on February 28, 2008 15:28
Black Hills State University has awarded nearly $13,000 in grants so far this school year through the Instructional Improvement and Faculty Research Committees to support on-campus activities and presentations.
The Instructional Improvement Committee funded a total of $11,925.22. Funded projects and faculty proposals include:
- Guest Artist Bill Russell for the Lucky Duck production, submitted by Bert Juhrend
- Jim Stiles appearances in three classes using his book, Dr. David Cremean
- Rendezvous with Visiting Authors, Dr. Joanna Jones
- Improving Instruction in Art Appreciation, Drawing, Design II Color and Life Drawing by a Campus Visit from a Contemporary Artist, Dave Wilson
- Visiting Writer, Kent Meyers
- Improving Instruction in ED 488 – Student Teaching by Implementing Cognitive Coaching Techniques, Michelle Hovland
- World Musical Instruments, Dr. Janeen Larsen
- Taking the Lead in Physical Education Teacher Preparation, Dr. Betsy Silva
- Associated Writing Programs Travel, Kent Meyers
- Global Security Oxford Round Table Session, Dr. Sandra Marker
The remaining $665 supported “Ground Zero and Twisted Tree”, a research proposal from Kent Meyers from the Faculty Research Committee.