posted on December 05, 2007 11:52
|Dr. Scott Stoltenberg, BHSU assistant psychology professor, discusses his research poster entitled, "Patterns of Simulated Serotonin Function Resemble Motor Impulsivity Scores" during an informal
poster session held recently at BHSU.
The science department at Black Hills State University recently held an informal poster session. The posters are currently on display in Jonas Hall.
There were 13 posters presented by BHSU students and faculty whose posters have been presented at nationally recognized conferences within the past two years. The posters and the basis of their presentations are as follows:
- "Diversity of Thermophilic Microorganisms within Hawaiin Fumaroles" - Callie Ackerman, integrative genomics graduate student from Hulett, Wyo.
- "Patterns of Simulated Serotonin Function Resemble Motor Impulsivity Scores" - Dr. Scott Stoltenberg, BHSU assistant psychology professor.
- "GxGxE in Human Behavior" - Samantha Hersrud, integrative genomics graduate student from Sturgis.
- "The Development of DNA Markers to Determine Hybridity Between Giant Knotweed Polygonum sachalinense and Japanese Knotweed P. cuspidatum" - Shane Ziegenbein, integrative genomics graduate student from Sturgis.
- "Genetic characterization of an avian hybrid zone (Pheucticus): the importance of endogenous selection" - Raeann Mettler, integrative genomics graduate student from Rapid City.
- "Conservation genetics of the endangered Topeka Shiner (Notropis topeka)" - Dr. Shane Sarver, BHSU professor.
- "Evolution of Avian Malarial Parasites in Geographically Structured Host Species: A Phylogenetic Approach" - Jess Moser, sophomore biology major from Gregory.
- "Genetic Population Structure of the Finescale Dace, Phoxinus neogaeus and Their Hybrids" - Jacob Miller, senior biology and chemistry major from Pierre.
- "Primary Gustatory Centers in the Zebrafish Brain" - David Czerny, former BHSU student.
- "Gene Expression in Ecologically Meaningful Contexts: Evolution of Plant Defenses in Competitive Envirnments" - Riston Haugen from Baltic; Lexi Steffes from Bristol; and Samantha Hersurd from Sturgis, all integrative genomics graduate students.
- "Template for Ecological Genomics: Within population Genetic Structure of a wild relative of Arabidopsis" - Riston Haugen, integrative genomics graduate student from Baltic.
- "Phylogeography of the Bushtit (Psaltriparus minimus)" - Jess Moser, sophomore biology major from Gregory.
For more information regarding the session, contact Dr. Garth Spellman, research faculty at GarthSpellman@BHSU.edu or call 642-6854.