posted on July 20, 2007 17:07
Black Hills State University began its inaugural summer theatre season last weekend with a very successful opening night gala. Performances of Godspell continue every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through Aug. 12.
Each weekend the theatre troupe, known as the Black Hills State Players, transforms the Historic Homestake Opera House (Lead) into a vibrant street scene filled with dance and song as they perform the family-friendly 1970s Broadway musical.
The cast includes 10 actors from the recent sold out BHSU production of “Fiddler on the Roof.” Four additional students will work as costume designers and set technicians for the production. Also involved in the show are retired BHSU music professor Steve Parker and his wife, Celeste, who will be directing the music and choreography.
The Saturday, July 21 performance will be a benefit production for the Homestake Opera House. All other proceeds will support the BHSU theatre program.
Admission is $15 per person or $12.50 for seniors, students, or BHSU faculty and staff. Group rates are available. To reserve tickets, call Blue Dog Framers at 605-717-0003. Tickets will also be available at the Opera House ticket booth the day of the performance.
The summer performance schedule follows:
- Friday, July 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 21 at 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 22 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 27 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 28 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 29 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 3 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 4 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 5 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 10 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 11 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 12 at 2:30 p.m.