posted on September 07, 2011 09:26
Evan Brindley, senior human services and sociology major from Belle Fourche, and Rhea Richards, senior human services, sociology, and psychology major from Gregory, were crowned Swarm King and Queen at last night’s coronation ceremony held at Black Hills State University.
Dr. Tim Steckline, associate professor of humanities, was chosen as Swarm Day Dad and Micheline Nelson, assistant professor of education, was chosen as Swarm Day Mom.
This year’s homecoming theme is “Swarm Spirit” with the Yellow Jacket (Sting, the mascot) showing his school spirit.
All alumni are invited back to campus to celebrate Swarm Week. This year BHSU is also hosting reunions for alumni who were associated with Props and Liners, as well as forensics and debate.
Swarm Day continues through Saturday. See the schedule below. For additional information regarding Swarm Day please call the Student Union Information Center at 642-6062 or visit www.BHSU.edu/SwarmDays.
Wednesday, September 7
• Downtown Spearfish Block Party – 3 to 5 p.m. - Downtown Spearfish
• Kiddie Carnival - 4 to 6 p.m. - Campus Green
Thursday, September 8
• Hike to the H - 3:30 p.m. - Meet in the Student Union Atrium
Friday, September 9
• Alumni Awards Luncheon - 12 noon - Jacket Legacy Room/Student Union
• Disc Golf Tournament - 3 p.m. - Meet by Hole 1 tee box
• Float Prep - 5 p.m. - Fieldhouse SwarmStock Concert/BBQ Fieldhouse Lawn
• Forensics/Debate Reunion Social - 5 p.m. - Club Buzz
• Forensics/Dabate Reunion Banquet - 6 p.m. - Club Buzz
• Hall of Fame Banquet - 6:30 p.m. - Jacket Legacy Room/Student Union
Saturday, September 10
• Parade - 10 a.m. – Line up at the Young Center - Jackson Blvd. and Fifth Street
• Tailgate Social featuring Kory & the Fireflies - 11:15 a.m. - Young Center Parking Lot
• BHSU Football Game - 1 p.m. - Lyle Hare Stadium
• Props and Liners Reunion Social - 5 p.m. - Laboratory Theatre/Pangburn Hall basement
• Props and Liners Reunion Banquet - 6 p.m. - Laboratory Theatre/Pangburn Hall basement