posted on April 01, 2011 10:47
The Fourth Annual Investment and Financial Planning Fair will be held at Black Hills State University Wednesday, April 6 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Fifteen investment/insurance companies will be available from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the David B. Miller Yellow Jacket Student Union second floor atrium to meet and discuss investing opportunities and financial matters. Financial and insurance experts are scheduled to present on various topics throughout the day in the Presidents Conference Room on the second floor of the student union. Sessions are scheduled as follows:
- 9 a.m. - Knowing your South Dakota Retirement System, Supplemental Retirement Plan and Special Pay Plan by Jamie Seiner, Retirement Planner, South Dakota Retirement System (SDRS) and Ginny Lors, Retirement Specialist, SDRS – Supplemental Retirement Plan
- 10 a.m. - 7 Steps to Understanding Social Security Retirement and Medicare Benefits by Kathy Petersen, Public Affairs Specialist, Social Security Administration
- 11 a.m. - Long Term Care Partnership Program – Insurance and Asset Protection by Kathi Skoglund, Program Specialist, South Dakota Department of Social Services, Division of Economic Assistance
- 12 p.m. - Money Maladies by Edward Heisinger, Financial Representative, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- 1 p.m. - Global Issues that Affect Everyone: International Economy vs. Your Economy, by Cindi Williams, Financial Advisor, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- 2 p.m. - A Rewarding Career and Lessons Learned Along the Way by Tim Penton, VP of Engineering and Construction, Williams Midstream, Board Chairman - KIPP Tulsa Academy
Vendors include the following: AFLAC; Ameriprise Financial Services; Coldwell Banker; DSS/Long-Term Care Partnership Program; Farmers Union Insurance; Financial Benefits, Inc.; First Interstate Bank; Horace Mann Insurance; New York Life Insurance; Northwestern Mutual Financial Network; Risty Benefits, Inc.; Rushmore Mortgage; South Dakota Retirement System; SDRS – Supplemental Retirement Plan; and Social Security Administration.
This event is free and open to all BHSU employees, students and the community with prize drawings for all of those who attend. This is a great opportunity to learn about investing and financial planning. Sponsored by the BHSU Jacket Investment Club and the BHSU Office of Human Resources. For more information call 605-642-6549.