posted on March 29, 2011 07:41
The Black Hills State University Dance Marathon student organization has revised the schedule for the Sting-A-Thon fundraising event Saturday, April 2 in the Donald E. Young Sports and Fitness Center. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Children’s Miracle Network at the Rapid City Regional Hospital.
The day-long family-friendly event will take place in the Field House of the Young Center beginning at 10 a.m. with the Sting-A-Thon and concluding that night with a dance featuring the band, Somewhat Slim.
The day’s events are as follows:
- 9:30 a.m. – Check in and late registration for the Sting-A-Thon
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Sting-A-Thon
- Throughout the six hours multiple family-friendly activities will be featured including games, a lip sync competition, piñatas, and much more. The cost to attend is $5 per person - all participants will receive a free t-shirt, food, and drinks. Children's Miracle Network families from the area will be sharing their stories.
- Individuals are strongly recommended to
pre-register for the Sting-A-Thon online at www.sting-a-thon.webs.com.
- 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Family Fun Carnival
- There will be games and projects featured for the entire family to enjoy. Cost is $2 per person to attend.
- 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. - Dance
- The Rapid City band Somewhat Slim will perform; the cost is $2 per person.
Dance Marathon is a nationwide movement involving college and high schools students at over 150 schools across the country raising money for the Children’s Miracle Network hospital in their community. Students spend the year learning valuable leadership and social skills while raising funds to benefit the needs of sick children and their families.
All events are open to the public. For more information about these events or about the BHSU Dance Marathon student organization, contact Susie Hadrick, student engagement and programming coordinator at BHSU, at 642-6378 or Sarah Hansen, BHSU Dance Marathon co-chair, at (605) 202-0652 or email Sarah.Hansen@YellowJackets.BHSU.edu.