posted on December 07, 2010 09:47
| Alumni Center conceptual drawing
The dream of building an Alumni Welcome Center is now becoming reality.
Alumni have always been an important part of any university and that importance at BHSU goes back over 100 years. The development of the facilities for students, faculty, and staff at BHSU has been nothing short of astounding over the past couple of decades and continues with the soon to be completed science building. Until now something has been missing.
As the third largest university in South Dakota, BHSU is ready to take the next step in providing a home for the thousands of alumni and friends of BHSU.
Clearing and grading of the Alumni Welcome Center site will begin in December. The following have made commitments to this project:
- Steve Williams and Associates, Spearfish, architectural services
- Gary and Carol Johnson, AGECorp, Ft. Pierre, site work
- FMG Engineering, Rapid City, surveying and site boring
- Jim and Beth Benning, Ainsworth Benning Construction, Spearfish, general contractor
- Greg Hartman, Scott Hartman and Jef Mattern, Wolff’s Plumbing and Heating, Spearfish
- Tim Peterson, Flat Earth Signs, Spearfish
- Terry and Deb Sharkey, Sharkey Plumbing & Heating, Spearfish
- Clair Donovan, Donovan Construction, Spearfish
- Bob & Linda Albert, Green Leaf Construction, Firestone, Colo.
In addition to these in-kind gifts others have indicated they will be providing financial support. We still have a long ways to reach our goal.If you would like to help make this project a reality please contact the University Advancement Office at (605) 642-6385 or Steve Meeker at Steve.Meeker@BHSU.edu