posted on July 16, 2009 11:43
The Center for Business, Entrepreneurship, and Tourism at Black Hills State is hosting an Entrepreneurship Professional Certificate Program beginning in September.
The Entrepreneurship Professional Certificate Program consists of a series of eight courses for individuals who are seeking entrepreneurial guidance regarding their existing or future business ventures. Participants can choose to enroll in a single course or the complete series.
- 9/10/09-Entrepreneurship 102- taught by Ken Schallenkamp. Discuss basic business principles, personal readiness for business ownership, ideas vs. opportunities, opportunity screening, and market potential.
- 9/17/09-Small Business Legalities taught by Doug Stevens. Understand copyright and royalty issues as well as the differences between sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLCs, and Sub Chapter S.
- 9/24/09-Winning Negotiating Tactics taught by Doug Stevens. Learn how to achieve win-win solutions.
- 10/01/09-Marketing and the Entrepreneur taught by Annette Ryerson. Collect tips on target marketing, demographics, design and advertising.
- 10/08/09-High Tech Marketing taught by Ted Turner, CoGen Marketing . Build preference and awareness for your products, services and business.
- 10/15/09-Financial Management taught by Liz Diers and Laura Prosser. Discover the basics of recordkeeping and budgeting.
- 10/22/09-Tax Issues Facing Entrepreneurs taught by Liz Diers and Laura Prosser. Understand the special tax concerns facing small businesses.
- 10/29/09-Entrepreneurial Event Planning taught by Sheila Aaker. Discover the nuts and bolts of event planning and staging.
- 11/5/09-Working with an Accountant taught by David Crawford. Learn accounting terminology and how to relate to your accountant.
- 11/12/09- Banking 101- Gather tips on establishing a relationship with your bank.
- 11/19/09-Organizational Development-Understand how to establish or increase your business’s effectiveness and health.
- 12/03/09 Successful Web Design taught by LaNaya Elliott. Learn how to build a presence for your business that promotes visibility, extends your business’s reach, enhances customer satisfaction, levels the playing field with your competitors, and boosts your business’s credibility.
Classes will be held Thursday evenings starting Sept. 10 through Dec. 3, from 6-9 p.m. in Claire and Josef Meier Hall room 127. The cost is $39 per course or $439 for all twelve courses. To register or to learn more visit EdOutreach.BHSU.edu/registration or call Educational Outreach (605) 642-6321.