posted on June 02, 2008 14:27
Black Hills State University has received the following grants:
- $156,349 award entitled, “2010 Initiative,” funded by National Science Foundation- EPSCoR through a sub award from SDSU.
- $72,196 continued funding for the Northern Black Hills RSVP grant by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- $50,000 award from SD Board of Regents Title II grant to build teacher workshops in math and science for middle school teachers in the western part of the state.
- $50,000 award via the Title II grant administered by SD Board of Regents to build science and math workshops for middle school teachers in the eastern part of the state.
- $50,000 award through the Title II grant sponsored by the SD Board of Regents to build science and math workshops for middle school teachers in the central part of the state.
- $49,982 award from SD Board of Regents Title II grant entitled, “Earth and Space Science Concepts for Teachers.”
- $25,780 consulting contract with the Forest Service through
USDA to conduct Canyon City vascular plan inventory.
- $14,529 awarded for the analysis of health beliefs service data from National Institute of Health, and sub awarded through Sanford Research/USD.
- $5,100 grant from the Chiesman Foundation to fund the research on media blogging and election results.
- $5,000 from the SD Game, Fish, & Parks for the consulting
contract that conducts a wildlife diversity study was awarded.
- $3,500 grant through the Chiesman Foundation for the
award entitled, “Improving Comprehension of Democratic Ideals through Visual Representations.”
- $2,000 funded through the National Endowment for the Arts
and a sub award from SD Arts Council to contribute to the “Johanna Meier Opera Theatre” initiative.