- If a state vehicle is available but the employee chooses to drive a personal vehicle, the employee shall be paid at the rate of $.20 per mile. Effective July 1, 2015, the rate will be $.23 per mile.
- If a state vehicle is not available, the employee shall be paid in lieu of actual expenses of transportation. The pay will be at $.37 per mile for use of privately owned automobiles when engaged in official business outside city limits of their designated posts of duty or place of service. Effective July 1, 2015, the rate will be become $.42 per mile.
- The rate covering mileage submitted from the odometer is deemed to cover all expenses incidental to operation of an automobile such as gasoline, oil, tires, repairs, insurance, meters, etc.
- Driving personal or state vehicles will be allowed meals and lodging up to two (2) days each way for travel between their home base and their business destination.
- If travel is by airline, a maximum travel period of one day is allowed before and after a meeting.
- Allowable car mileage for out-of-state travel will not exceed the cost of the most economical commercial airfare available.
- All personal car use must have the prior approval of the Vice President for Finance & Administration.
Posted on June 17, 2015 @ 18:01