The costs of the method of transportation requested are:
- Car - 5 passenger - .30 cents/mile
- 7 –passenger minivan - .38 cents/mile
- 12-passenger van - .55 cents/mile
- 4-wheel drive pickup 5 passenger - .47 cents/mile
- 9-passenger suburban - .51 cents/mile
- 8-passenger Cart
In-State Travel Requests are no longer required for Finance Office use. Departments may continue to require travel requests for budget tracking.
For officers and employees traveling on official state business shall be computed on the following schedule:
- Effective January 1, 2015, the actual cost of lodging up to a maximum of (a) $55.00 plus tax a day from check-in on September 1 through check-out on June 1, and (b) $70.00 plus tax a day from check-in on June 1 through check-out on September 1;
- A state employee may be reimbursed at higher rates than the applicable in-state travel, lodging, or meals if it is determined that the higher rates would result in a savings to the state. Requests for prior approval for expenses of higher rates, along with three (3) quotes, shall be submitted to the Budget Office prior to travel. The Budget Office will obtain the necessary approval, from the state auditor, and notify the requestor. Prior approval of travel expenses is required if a state employee is to be reimbursed at higher rates.
- For use of a privately owned trailer house for sleeping accommodations while on in-state or out-of-state official state travel, an allowance of $4 a day plus parking fees and electricity costs is allowed. The total amount may not exceed $13 a day. Effective July 1, 2015, the allowance is $8.00 per day plus parking fees and electricity costs, with the total not exceeding $26.00 per day.
Allowance for Meals:
- Breakfast-$5.00; effective July 1, 2015 -$6.00
- Lunch-$9.00; effective July 1, 2015 - $11.00
- Dinner-$12.00; effective July 1, 2015 - $15.00
- or a maximum of $26.00, effective July 1, 2015 -$32.00
When leaving before: 5:31 am
When returning after: 7:59 am
When leaving before: 11:31 am
When returning after: 12:59 pm
When leaving before: 5:31 pm
When returning after: 7:59 pm
RESERVING STATE VEHICLES
To schedule a state vehicle, submit an online vehicle request form. Keys may be picked up at the Facilities Services Office from 7:00am to 5:00pm. Please contact the Facilities Services Office at 605-642-6244 if special arrangements are required for before or after hours pick up.