Have an idea of how many classes you believe you can handle and be sure to take into account the number of hours you will be working. Look over the course offerings and put together a tentative schedule. When you build your schedule, take into account the general education courses that are required for the CAAP exam.
The courses required for the CAAP exam should be completed in your first 48 semester hours and include the following:
- ENGL 101 Composition 1
- MATH 102 College Algebra
- ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- SPCM 101 Fundamentals of Speech
- SPCM 215 Public Speaking
- SPCM 222 Argumentation & Debate
- One Social Science General Education Course
- One Arts and Humanities General Education Course
- One Natural Science General Education course with Lab
18 TOTAL CREDITS
Recommended steps to prepare for meeting with your advisor.
- Log into WebAdvisor. If you have forgotten your WebAdvisor ID or Password, click on WebAdvisor from the BHSU homepage. Next, go to the Students Menu and click “What’s My Username and Reset My Password”. Follow the instructions as given.
- Check My Registration Time in WebAdvisor for your assigned registration date and time. Times are listed as Central Time.
- Check My Restrictions in WebAdvisor and resolve all holds, if possible. A hold will prevent you from registering on your own.
- Review your Program Evaluation in WebAdvisor and/or your status sheet and plan to bring one to the appointment.
- Search for course options in WebAdvisor, create a preferred course registration list, and bring that list with you to the appointment.