BLACK HILLS STATE UNIVERSITY
February 1st, 2017
Swarts Conference Room, Student Union Building
Attendance: Jami Stone, Nag Parthasarathi, Holly Downing, John VanBenthuysen, Colin Garnett, Jerry Rawlings, Jeff Wehrung, Visitor: Justin Logue (student senate president)
- Meeting called to order at 3:15 pm.
- Approval of agenda.
- Remembrance, discussion and one minute silence for Student Senate President Brittany Thomson
Updates from the Student Association (Justin Logue).
- Efforts are being made to possible give Brittany honorary degree
- Students are working on remembrance.
Consent Agenda for Curriculum Proposals:
- Discussions regarding tuition freeze are ongoing
- Discussion regarding guns on campus, issue is not currently being brought up by state
- Justin officially took position of Student Senate President, Ariel Pozorski will be new senate VP
- Program discipline fees were cut, discussion regarding tuitions
- (i) PE 354 Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries. (approved; motion Colin, second Jerry)
- (ii) PE 354 L Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries. (approved; motion Colin, second Jerry)
- (iii) Minor Program Modification (BS.EXSC.SCI). (tabled; motion Colin, second Jerry)
Approval of minutes from the January 18th, 2017 meeting. (approved with changes; motion Jeff, second Jami)
- President will be having some weekday luncheon discussion/meeting over the course of the Spring Semester with 3 (faculty) + 2 (staff). Nag has been asked to handle invitations. President is looking forward to meet faculty and staff.
- Discussion regarding Distinguished faculty award