Faculty Senate Minutes
November 17th, 2010
Approved December 8th and 9th via e-mail
Present – Kathleen Parrow, Mary Jones, Parthasarathi Nag, Jim Hesson, Chen Wu, Adam Bailey, Chris Opitz, Sasha Pursley, Sonya Pagel, Gina Gibson, Nancy Roberts
Called to order 3:15
Agenda approved with additions
Approval of November 3rd minutes
- Curriculum Proposals –
- MCOM 447 – change in description to include cable – approved
- Broadcasting minor – name change to Telecommunication minor – approved
- In response to a request that the Provost attend all Senate meetings- Traditionally Faculty Senate has been a forum for faculty discussion and consensus building which ultimately leads to better communication with the administration. The Faculty Senate President will continue to invite the Provost to each meeting if the Provost has something to discuss or share. Dr. Haney will be invited to the December 1st meeting to discuss the General Education Task Force.
- A subcommittee from Faculty Senate will develop a broad outline for the development of the General Education Task Force and present the outline to the Provost before the Thanksgiving break.
- BOR has requested representatives from the campuses form a committee to discuss long term calendar issues. Names collected by the Faculty Senate for the committee will be forwarded to Dr. Haney.
- Academic Dishonesty - discussed clarification of process, required paperwork, and ramifications for students. Continue discussion of this issue at next meeting.
- Sabbatical requests will be coming for review at the December 1st meeting.
- Course substitutions need to be signed by the Department Chair and the faculty approving the substitution.
Adjourned at 4:55
Minutes recorded and submitted by Mary Jones, Faculty Senate Secretary