Starting this Fall, BHSU students can download and install Office 365 Pro Plus free of charge. Students have access to the Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iPad apps, Office Mobile Android app, Windows Mobile apps and more.
Learn more about Office 365.
Get the classes you want at the University you love with the faculty you know.
Registration for Fall classes is now open. Sign in to WebAdvisor to register for your classes.
For assistance with registering please contact the Student Success Center at (605) 642-6951 to schedule an appointment.
Now is the time to register for your fall classes. Plan to meet your advisor. If you have fewer than 60 credit hours you are required to meet with your advisor BEFORE you can register.
Learn more about Mandatory Advising.
Where: Registrar's Office - Woodburn Hall, 103 - Census date is Wednesday, January 21st, for full term courses. Make sure that you have dropped or added all classes before the census date.
- BLOCK CLASSES: You must drop block classes within the first 10% (1st or 2nd day) of the class to receive a refund. Check WebAdvisor course information for specific refund dates. Or, contact the Registrar’s Office in Woodburn 103 or at (605) 642-6044.
RESTRICTIONS (HOLDS): If you have an incomplete admission or monetary restriction at any state university, you will not be permitted to register or drop/add until the restriction has been ended.
Attendance Confirmation: Confirming your continued commitment to attend Black Hills State University for Spring 2015 is a requirement!
Confirmation of attendance will help to insure that your Spring 2015 pre-registration is NOT canceled and that any refund that you might be expecting is not delayed. Login to WebAdvisor and click on the 2015 Spring Attendance Confirmation link to complete your online check-in process. Your confirmation must be completed by Thursday, January 22, 2015. Visit WebAdvisor to confirm that you are attending.
- All students must pay for their classes or make financial arrangements to pay by September 5th, 2014. Your classes can be canceled if you miss this payment requirement. Make payment in full, sign up for the Payment Plan, or contact the Financial Aid Office and request a deferment if your aid is going to be late.
- If you have applied for financial aid but on SDePay it states your aid is still remaining or pending, you must pay in full or get a deferment on your account.
- Deferments are not automatically applied so it is important for all students expecting aid to check with a financial aid counselor to make sure that all of their paperwork is in order.
- Past due accounts are subject to late charges. More Payment info...
- Your financial aid is based on full-time status. Upon having your registration and paperwork complete, your aid (called transmittable aid in WebAdvisor) is scheduled to be applied to your student bill on January 4, 2015.
- Financial aid refunds will not be available unless the student completes Attendance Confirmation in Web Advisor. Refunds will be either sent via Direct Deposit (recommended), or mailed. If you have excess financial aid funds which result in a refund, the first disbursements of mailed checks or direct deposit should be mailed or be available approximately January 9th.
- Please see the financial aid section of the website for details about 2015SP semester aid (Paying of Bill for Spring 2015) and for applying for financial aid.
- Watch your official BHSU email account for information on ACH deposit of refund checks directly into your checking or savings account. More on Financial Aid...
Rapid City Students:
- Tuition payments (exact cash or check only) may be made at the University Center-Rapid City at 4300 Cheyenne Blvd. off of Exit 61 between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Friday. Electronic check or credit card (American Express, Mastercard, Discover, VISA) payments are accepted on SDePay in Web Advisor.
- All students must complete the 2015 Spring Attendance Confirmation in Web Advisor. It is required before financial aid refunds will be disbursed. To speed up receipt of your refunds, complete the direct deposit information as well.
- All refunds will be deposited electronically or mailed directly to you.
Students registered and who have financial aid files complete at least three weeks prior to the start of the semester should have pending refunds disbursed the Friday before each semester begins to help cover book expense. If financial aid is pending but will not be applied to cover tuition costs by the due date, contact the Financial Aid Office for a deferment. BHSU students at the UC-RC may contact Shirley Brownell, BHSU Financial Aid Assistant, UC-RC Administrative Offices – Room 114A (718-4113) for financial aid assistance and deferments.
Students who are registered for one or more face-to-face classes at the University Center-Rapid City will be assessed a parking fee of $14.50 per semester (fall and spring terms only). This fee supports the maintenance of the parking lot, sidewalks, and snow removal. The fee will appear on your bill as “UCRC Parking” and will be added after you register for classes. Refunds, because of changes in registration, will be made following the Census date (the last day to drop or add a class with a full refund) and within 30 days of the start of classes.
- Need to know more about Black Hills State University at the University Center - Rapid City? Call (605)718-4373 or (605)718-4112 or check out more information online.
Other Helpful Information:
Do you want to work on campus? Go to Jacket Job Link to view job listings. Log in as prompted; click on job search, advanced search, select work-study under position type, then click the search button. You can also visit with Eileen Thomas (605)642-6951 in the Student Success Center.
- What you will need: All new employees must bring a photo ID and social security card, or documentation that shows proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. These must be originals, copies will not be accepted.
- Do you have questions?
- For questions regarding federal work-study, contact Kim Nida (605) 642-6113 in Student Financial Services, Woodburn 114.
- For general HR questions, contact the Human Resource Office (605) 642-6549.
- Note: Federal work-study is not taken into consideration when paying your bill.
If you have not already done so, you must submit proof of two immunizations for measles, mumps & rubella. Failure to comply with immunization requirement, as mandated by South Dakota Law, may affect your student status. Please contact Health Services at (605)642-6520 with questions.
Spring books will be posted online December 22, 2014. In-store sales will open December 22nd. Dates are tentative. Note: The Rapid City Store stocks only books for classes taught at the UCRC facility. You may also order online at www.bhsubookstore.com, and have your books shipped to you or choose to pick up your order at either bookstore and save freight. Data Works computer service center is now open at the University Bookstore.
- Buy them online at www.bhsubookstore.com.
- Visit us in the Student Union and bring your class schedule with course section numbers
Do you need to change or discuss your current meal plan? Contact Krista Schroeder at (605)642-6896, email Krista.Schroeder@BHSU.edu or visit Dining Services. No meal plan changes will be permitted after January 15, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. More info on BHSU Meal Plans...
Parking permits for the Spearfish Campus may be purchased in the Public Safety office on the first floor of Woodburn between the hours of 9:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m., or you can purchase them online. The cost for a parking permit is $75.00 for the year, a one semester permit is $50.00. You will be fined if you park on-campus without a permit. Permits purchased in the fall unless otherwise marked are valid through the academic year. More info on Parking...
Move-in day is Friday, January 11, 2015, and starts at 8 am for all new and returning students. Report to your residence hall and check-in at the main lobby to receive your key. If there are any questions, contact (605)642-6464 or stop by the Residence Life office located in the Student Success Center, Woodburn 107.
More info on Residence Life...
Student ID: Your BUZZ Card.
Your ID from last semester will be activated with your enrollment. If you lost your ID or have never had one, you may obtain one at the Student Union Information Desk or at the BUZZ Card Office located in Facilities Services Building. When obtaining an ID, please be sure to bring proper identification with you. Your first ID is free. Replacement IDs will cost $10.
The Accuplacer testing system is an internet-delivered assessment program that places students into appropriate college and math courses. This measure is currently an option (and may be required in the future) for placement testing. Accuplacer also uses self-paced modules allow students to work at their own speed and comfort level. This measure will be available for all students who have not submitted ACT scores (within the past 5 years) for admission purposes and students may also use Accuplacer to challenge their course placement based on ACT scores ($17.00 charge per test for challenge purposes). The Accuplacer exam is administered in the Testing Center in Humbert Hall (first floor, south entrance), (605) 642-6908.