BHSU students can download and install Office 365 Pro Plus free of charge. Students have access to the Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iPad apps, Office Mobile Android app, Windows Mobile apps and more.
Learn more about Office 365.
It's not too late to get registered for Spring 2017 classes!
Registration for Spring 2017 is still open. Make adjustments to your schedule soon so you are ready to start classes in January.
Fall 2017 and Summer 2017 REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW! YES!! YOU CAN REGISTER FOR NEXT FALL!
Check WebAdvisor for the time and date you can register.
Here are some resources to help you get started on registering for the Spring 2017, Summer 2017 AND Fall 2017 Semesters.
Planning Schedule | WebAdvisor Registration Guide | BHSU Gen Eds
*Important Note - ALL students with less than 60 completed credits are required to meet with their academic advisor prior to registration. An advising hold on your Restrictions screen will remain active until your advisor releases you for registration.
Not admitted to BHSU yet? Contact the BHSU Admissions Office at 605-642-6343 to get started.
Confirming your continued commitment to attend Black Hills State University for Spring 2017 is a requirement!
Confirmation of attendance will help to insure that your Spring 2017 pre-registration is NOT canceled and that any refund you might be expecting is not delayed. Login to WebAdvisor and click on the 2017 Spring Attendance Confirmation link to complete your online check-in process. Your confirmation must be completed by Wednesday, January 18, 2017. Visit WebAdvisor to confirm that you are attending.
- All students must pay for their classes or make financial arrangements to pay by January 19, 2017. Your classes can be canceled if you miss this payment requirement. Make payment in full, sign up for the Payment Plan, or contact the Financial Aid Office and request a deferment if your aid is going to be late.
- If you have applied for financial aid but on SDePay it states your aid is still remaining or pending, you must pay in full or get a deferment on your account.
- Deferments are not automatically applied so it is important for all students expecting aid to check with a financial aid counselor to make sure that all of their paperwork is in order.
- Past due accounts are subject to late charges. More Payment info...
- Your financial aid is based on full-time status. Upon having your registration and paperwork complete, your aid (called transmittable aid in WebAdvisor) is scheduled to be applied to your student bill on January 2, 2017.
- Financial aid refunds will not be available unless the student completes Attendance Confirmation in WebAdvisor. Refunds will be either sent via Direct Deposit (recommended) or mailed. If you have excess financial aid funds which result in a refund, the first disbursements of mailed checks or direct deposit should be mailed or be available approximately January 6th.
- Please see the financial aid tab of the website for details about 2017SP semester aid (Paying of Bill for Spring 2017) and for applying for financial aid.
- Watch your official BHSU email account for information on ACH deposit of refund checks directly into your checking or savings account. More on Financial Aid...
Rapid City Students:
- Tuition payments (cash or check) may be made to Black Hills State University- Rapid City, located at 4300 Cheyenne Blvd. off of Exit 61 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Friday. Electronic check or credit card (American Express, Mastercard, Discover, VISA) payments are accepted on SDePay in WebAdvisor.
- All students must complete the 2017 Spring Attendance Confirmation in WebAdvisor. It is required before financial aid refunds will be disbursed. To speed up receipt of your refunds, complete the direct deposit information as well.
- All refunds will be deposited electronically or mailed directly to you at the address that we have on file.
- Registered students who have financial aid files complete, at least three weeks prior to the start of the semester, should have pending refunds disbursed the Friday before each semester begins to help cover book expense. If financial aid is pending but will not be applied to cover tuition costs by the due date, contact the Financial Aid Office for a deferment. Students at the BHSU-RC may contact Shirley Brownell, BHSU Financial Aid Assistant, BHSU-RC Administrative Offices – Room 114A (718-4113) for financial aid assistance and deferments.
Students who are registered for one or more face-to-face class at Black Hills State University - Rapid City will be assessed a parking fee of $15.50 per semester (fall and spring terms only). This fee supports the maintenance of the parking lot, sidewalks, and snow removal. The fee will appear on your bill as “BHSU-RC Parking” and will be added after you register for classes. Refunds because of changes in registration will be made following the Census date (the last day to drop or add a class with a full refund) and within 30 days of the start of classes.
- Need to know more about Black Hills State University - Rapid City? Call (605)718-4373 or (605)718-4112 or check out more information online.
Other Helpful Information
Do you want to work on campus? Go to www.bhsu.edu/workstudy to apply for positions, or go to Jacket Job Link to view job listings (log in as prompted; click on job search, advanced search, select work-study under position type, then click the search button). You can also visit with Janette Hettick (J018C), Melissa Haught (MH331), or Melissa Woodall (J227).
- What you will need: All new employees must bring a photo ID and social security card, or documentation that shows proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. These must be originals, copies will not be accepted.
- Do you have questions?
- For questions regarding federal work-study, contact Kim Nida (605) 642-6113 in Student Financial Services, Woodburn 114.
- For general HR questions, contact the Human Resource Office (605) 642-6549.
- Note: Federal work-study is not taken into consideration when paying your bill.
If you have not already done so, you must submit proof of two immunizations for measles, mumps & rubella. Failure to comply with immunization requirement, as mandated by South Dakota Law, may affect your student status. Please contact Health Services at (605)642-6520 with questions.
Fall books will be posted online December 23, 2016. In-store sales will open December 23, 2016. Dates are tentative. Note: The Rapid City Store stocks only books for classes taught at the RC facility. You may also order online at www.bhsubookstore.com, and have your books shipped to you or choose to pick up your order at either bookstore and save freight.
- Buy them online at www.bhsubookstore.com.
- Visit us in the Student Union and bring your class schedule with course section numbers
Do you need to change or discuss your current meal plan? Contact Krista Schroeder at (605)642-6896, email Krista.Schroeder@BHSU.edu or visit Dining Services. No meal plan changes will be permitted after January 18, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. More info on BHSU Meal Plans...
Parking permits for the Spearfish Campus may be purchased in the Public Safety office on the first floor of Woodburn between the hours of 9:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m., or you can purchase them online. The cost for a parking permit is $89.00 for the year. You will be fined if you park on-campus without a permit. Permits purchased in the fall unless otherwise marked are valid through the academic year. Spring parking permits are $60.00. More info on Parking...
Move-in day for Spring 2017 is Sunday, January 8th for all new and returning students. Check-in at the main lobby of your residence hall to receive your key. If you are a returning student, your Buzz Card and key will work. If there are any questions, contact (605)642-6464 or stop by the Residence Life office located in the Student Success Center, Woodburn 107.
More info on Residence Life...
Student ID: Your BUZZ Card.
Your ID from last semester will be activated with your enrollment. If you lost your ID or have never had one, you may obtain one at the Student Union Information Desk or at the BUZZ Card Office located in Facilities Services Building. When obtaining an ID, please be sure to bring proper identification with you. Your first ID is free. Replacement IDs will cost $10.
More Information about your Buzz Card...
The Accuplacer testing system is an internet-delivered assessment program that places students into appropriate college reading, writing, and math courses. Accuplacer also uses self-paced modules allow students to work at their own speed and comfort level. This measure will be available for all students who have not submitted valid ACT scores (within the past 5 years) for admission purposes. Students may also use Accuplacer to challenge their course placement based on ACT scores or previous placement exam. Students have the ability to challenge one time. The fee to challenge a valid score is $18.00. The Accuplacer exam is administered at BHSU Testing Centers.
BHSU/Spearfish Testing Center is located in the Lower Level of the EY Berry Library - Learning Center, Office #003
For more information on Testing Center Services please call 605-642-6099 or email BHSU/Spearfish Testing Center at BHSPTestingCenter@bhsu.edu.
Spearfish Testing Center Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
BHSU/RAPID CITY Testing Center
The testing center is open Monday-Tuesday 9:00am - 5:00pm, Wednesday-Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm. ALL TESTING IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. The testing center can be reached at 605.718.4193 or by emailing BHRCTestingCenter@bhsu.edu. For more information on testing, please visit the BHSU-RC website.