As a student, you automatically have an email/network account for free! To activate the account, you must consent to accept responsibility for the account.
You are required to check this account twice a week.
Check your email today!
Not sure how to login? Did you forget your student login password?
We can help.
The Spring 2013 semester begins Wednesday, January 9th for classes that meet only on Wednesday and have a start time of 4:00 p.m. or later; all other classes begin January 10th.
Where: Jonas Hall 201
When: Monday, January 9th - We will have sessions starting at 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. - call (605)642-6343 to reserve a time.
What: Last chance for new students to register for spring classes with faculty advisement. Reservations are recommended; please call (605)642-6343. Please plan to come 30 minutes prior to your session for check-in.. More Registration info...
Current Students please visit WebAdvisor to register.
Where: Registrar's Office - Woodburn Hall, 103 - Census date is January 18th for full term courses. Make sure that you have dropped or added all classes before this date.
- BLOCK CLASSES: You must drop block classes within the first 10% (1st or 2nd day) of the class to receive a refund. Check WebAdvisor course information for specific refund dates. For block classes, contact the Registrar’s Office for drop deadlines
- RESTRICTIONS (HOLDS): If you have an incomplete admission or monetary restriction at any state university, you will not be permitted to register or drop/add until the restriction has been ended.
Attendance Confirmation: Confirming your continued commitment to attend Black Hills State University for Spring 2013 is a requirement!
Confirmation of attendance will help to insure that your Spring 2013 pre-registration is NOT canceled and that any refund that you might be expecting is not delayed. Login to WebAdvisor and click on the 2013 Spring Attendance Confirmation link to complete your online check-in process. Your confirmation must be completed by Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013. Visit WebAdvisor to confirm that you are attending.
- All students must pay for their classes or make financial arrangements to pay by January 22nd, 2013. Your classes can be canceled if you miss this payment requirement. Make payment in full, sign up for the Payment Plan, or contact the Financial Aid Office and request a deferment if your aid is going to be late.
- If you have applied for financial aid but on SDePay it states your aid is still remaining or pending, you must pay in full or get a deferment on your account.
- Deferments are not automatically applied so it is important for all students expecting aid to check with a financial aid counselor to make sure that all of their paperwork is in order.
- Past due accounts are subject to late charges. More Payment info...
- Your financial aid is based on full-time status. Upon having your registration and paperwork complete, your aid (called transmittable aid in WebAdvisor) is scheduled to be applied to your bill on December 30, 2012.
- Financial aid refunds will be either sent via Direct Deposit (recommended), or mailed.
- Please see the financial aid section of the website for details about 2013SP semester aid (Paying of Bill for Spring 2013) and for applying for financial aid.
- Watch your official BHSU email account for information on ACH deposit of refund checks directly into your checking or savings account.
Rapid City Students:
- Tuition payments (exact cash or check only) may be made at the University Center-Rapid City at 4300 Cheyenne Blvd. off of Exit 61 between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
- All students must complete the 2013 Spring Attendance Confirmation in Web Advisor. It is required before financial aid refunds will be disbursed. To speed up receipt of your refunds, complete the direct deposit information, as well.
- All refunds will be deposited electronically or mailed directly to you.
- Students who are registered for one or more face-to-face class at the University Center-Rapid City will be assessed a parking fee of $14.00 per semester (fall and spring terms only). This fee supports the maintenance of the parking lot, sidewalks, and snow removal. The fee will appear on your bill as “UCRC Parking” and it will be added after you register for classes. Refunds, because of changes in registration, will be made following the Census date (the last day to drop or add a class with a full refund) and within 30 days of the start of classes.
- Need to know more about the Black Hills State University Rapid City program? Call (605)718-4373 or (605)718-4112 check out the Rapid City program information online.
Other Helpful Information:
Do you want to work on campus? Go to the Jacket Job Link website, to view job listings. You can also visit with Eileen Thomas (605)642-6951in the Student Success Center.
- What you will need: All new employees must bring a photo ID and social security card, or documentation that shows proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. These must be originals, copies will not be accepted.
- Do you have questions?
- For questions regarding federal work-study, contact Kim Nida (605)642-6113 in the Student Financial Services office, Woodburn 115.
- For general HR questions, contact the Human Resource Office (605)642-6549.
- Note: Federal work-study is not taken into consideration when paying your bill.
If you have not already done so, you must submit proof of two immunizations for measles, mumps & rubella. Failure to comply with immunization requirements may affect your student status. Students who have not complied with immunization requirements will not be permitted to register or drop/add. Please contact Health Services at (605)642-6520 with questions.
Spring books will be on sale starting January 4th at the campus bookstore. University Center - Rapid City will begin selling the week of January 4th. Bring your course schedule. Note: The Rapid City Store stocks only books for classes taught at the UCRC facility. You may also order online at www.bhsubookstore.com, and have your books shipped to you or choose to pick up your order at either bookstore and save freight.
- Buy them online at www.bhsubookstore.com.
- Visit us in the Student Union and bring your class schedule with course section numbers
Do you need to change or discuss your current meal plan? Contact Krista Schroeder at (605)642-6896, email Krista.Schroeder@BHSU.edu or visit Dining Services. No meal plan changes will be permitted afterJanuary 18, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. More info on BHSU Meal Plans...
Parking permits for the Spearfish Campus may be purchased in the Public Safety office on the first floor of Woodburn between the hours of 9:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m., or you can purchase them online. The cost for a parking permit is $56.00 for the year, a one semester permit is $40.00. You will be fined if you park on-campus without a permit. Permits purchased in the fall unless otherwise marked are valid through the fall semester. More info on Parking...
Move-in day is January 9th, 2013 from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. for freshman. Returning students can move-in anytime after 8 a.m. on January 9th, 2013. Report to your residence hall and check-in at the main lobby to receive your key. If there are any questions, contact (605)642-6464 or stop by the Residence Life office located in the Student Success Center, Woodburn 107.
More info on Residence Life...
Student ID: Your BUZZ Card.
Your ID from last semester will be activated with your enrollment. If you lost your ID or have never had one, you may obtain one at the Student Union Information Desk or at the BUZZ Card Office located in Student Union Room 106. When obtaining an ID, please be sure to bring proper identification with you. Your first ID is free. Replacement IDs will cost $10.
The COMPASS is a comprehensive, computerized assessment and diagnostic system that places students into appropriate college math and writing courses. This measure is required of all entering students who have not submitted ACT results (within the past 5 years) for admissions purposes at no charge. Students wishing to challenge their course placement based on ACT scores can also take the COMPASS ($17.00 charge per test). The COMPASS is administered in the Student Success Center, Woodburn Hall first floor, (605) 642-6951.