Are you searching for a rewarding, inspiring summer experience? If you are a student, age 7 through high school, check out Black Hills State University’s summer 2015 academic camps. By attending one of our camps, you will experience a slice of college life in a safe and fun atmosphere and be able to interact with BHSU’s outstanding faculty while also gaining valuable skills and making new friends.
BHSU Summer Academic Camps:
- Discovery Exploration Camp (previously Summer Exploration Institute)
The camp is designed to encourage creative and critical thinking skills in the familiar context of living in the Black Hills. The historical and contemporary links establish the importance of growth and expansion in reference to people, places and animals. Through discussions and hands on activities participants will view the Black Hills through a new perspective.
- June 22 - 24 (Grades K-2nd) | 9 a.m. - Noon | Cost: $40
- June 22 - 24 (Grades K-2nd) | 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. | Cost: $40
- June 22 - 24 (Grades 3rd-5th) | 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. | Cost: $60
- June 22 - 24 (Grades 6th-8th) | 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. | Cost: $60
- Sting's Eco Explorers
Kids will become Eco Explorers, witnessing sustainability in action at BHSU. We will use the campus as a learning laboratory with age appropriate games and activities that highlight how the school intersects with science and nature. Kids will interact with the whole campus from the science labs to the vegetable garden and the underground tunnels. Wear closed toe shoes and bring a sack lunch. Light snacks will be provided.
Cost: $20 per child if unaccompanied. $2 per child if accompanied with a parent, teacher, or chaperone. One chaperone can bring multiple kids.
- July 21 (Ages 4 - 6) | 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. | Bring your own sack lunch.