BHSU Track and Field to host Stadium Sports Grill Indoor Meet
| January 09, 2009
The Black Hills State University track and field teams will be hosting the Stadium Sports Grill High School Indoor Invitational on Saturday, January 24. The meet will have athletes from Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Nebraska.
- FIELD EVENTS 9:00 AM
- Shot Put (G/B)
- Pole Vault (G/B)
- High Jump (G/B)
- Long Jump (B/G)
- Triple Jump (B/G)
- RUNNING EVENTS 10:30 AM
- Medley Relay (600,200,400,800)
- 55 Meter Dash prelims
- 55 Meter Hurdle prelims
- 1600 Meter Run
- 55 Meter Dash FINALS
- 55 Meter Hurdle FINALS
- 400 Meter Dash
- 800 Meter Run
- 200 Meter Dash
- 3200 Meter Run
- 4 x 400 Meter Relay
Long Jump and Triple Jump sections will be given approximately 30 minutes to complete, depending on the number of competitors. Girls will precede boys in all running events.
Rules and Information:
- This is a non-sanctioned high school meet and all athletes will compete unattached.
- The competition in the long jump, triple jump, and shot put will be cafeteria style with each competitor getting four attempts (no finals). The first legal jump or throw of each competitor will be measured. Attempts meeting the following minimums will be measured:
- Shot Put Women: 24’ Men 30’
- Long Jump Women: 12’ Men 15’
- Triple Jump Women: 26’ Men 32’
- The opening height for the pole vault and high jump competitions will be set by the athletes.
- Entries: Click Here for Meet Sign Up on Runner Card!
- Cost is $5.00 per athlete no matter how many events entered.
- Event winners, including all members of winning relays will receive an Asics award.
- Meet t-shirts will be available prior to and during the meet.
- Spikes must be 3/16” pyramid spikes or shorter. Spikes will be on sale in the lobby prior to and during the meet.
- BHSU will provide training and non-exclusive locker room facilities. Please provide your own towels and locks.
- Only athletes competing will be allowed on the floor. There is ample spectator seating on the outside of the track.
- Timing system will be FAT.
- If there are any questions or concerns, contact:
Phone: (605) 642-6486
Cell: (308) 760-7835