The Donald E. Young Fitness Center offers the largest collection of exercise equipment in the region. As part of your fitness membership, you can take advantage of the personal exercise prescriptions with a certified trainer and classes taught by Wellness Major students.
- Exercise Prescription: The Exercise Prescription gives fitness members a balanced fitness program with emphasis on the correct use the equipment to attain their exercise goals.
- Contact the Fitness Director, Bob DiBonto, at 605.642.6314 or email Robert.DiBonto@BHSU.edu.
Our 8,000 sq.ft. state-of-the-art Fitness Center features:
- 6 Ellipticals
- 6 Treadmills
- 7 Spin bikes
- 4 Stairmaster Steppers
- 16 piece upper and lower body cabled weight machines
- Abdominal exercise area with stability balls, dual grip weight balls and body bars
- 7 piece hammer strength plate loaded equipment
- Free weight benches
- Dumb bells
- Fixed weight curl bars
- Power racks, and more...
- Monday –Friday: 5:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Saturday/Sunday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- A Fitness Membership includes:
- Fitness Center
- Field House: 6 lane indoor track, 6 basketball hoops, 3 volleyball courts, 3 tennis courts.
- Main Gym
- Academic priority is followed during the school year for all Wellness Lab Classes. Members may workout during these times but the students will have priority use of designated equipment.
- M/W/F Classes held at 8 am, 9 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 2 pm
- T/Th Classes held at 8-9:15 am, 9:30-10:45 am, 12:30-1:45 pm
Fitness Room Policies
- For the safety and well being of all Young Center members, proper attire must be worn when working out; specifically shirts and shoes.
- Children under the age of 13 years are not allowed to work out in the fitness room unless they have been approved by the fitness director.
- For the safety and well being of themselves and others, young children are not allowed to run around or wander around the fitness room. From time to time children may need to come into the fitness room to talk to a parent or sibling which is acceptable.
- Respect for equipment, facilities and other members must be demonstrated at all times. Abuse of equipment, facilities, or other members will result in immediate expulsion and possible loss of facility privileges.
- Boom boxes are not to be brought into the fitness room.