The 54,000 sq. ft. BHSU Young Center field house is open Mondays through Thrusdays 5:00 am to 10:00 pm, Fridays from 5:00 am to 8:00 pm, and weekends 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. BHSU students with a Buzz Card and Young Center Members are welcome to use the field house. Some of the features of the field house include:
- 6-lane, 200-meter rubberized track (8 laps = 1 mile)
- Runners - outside lanes
- Walkers - inside lanes
- pole vault pit (University use only)
- batting/golf cage
- 3 regulation size tennis courts
- 6 basketball backstops
- 3/16” Pyramid spikes only - no needle points
- Rock Climbing Wall: come and enjoy the 16' high, 20' long, 100 holds rock wall!. We have 6 trained facilitators, 200 ' of climbing rope, 28 pairs of climbing shoes, 14 harnesses, and 0 accidents.
- Open Wall Times are available October through March each year.
- For fall 2013, open wall times are Monday and Fridays from 11:00 - 12:00 and Wednesdays from 10:00 - 12:00.
- A supervisor is present to check your belay skills or to teach you how to belay. A great place to learn!
- This year we may offer some skill sessions; this will be posted.
- The Fee is $25 for a semester pass, or $5/session, which includes gear. If you bring your own gear, the cost is $3. Sweat equity rates available. Fee is payable to BHSU. You can pay for the semester pass with your credit card at http://emarket.bhsu.edu/.
- For groups or birthday parties: $75 per hour for groups of 5-12; an adult must be present to supervise those kids not on the wall. If you plan on also using the Young Center facilities for other activities, there will be additional costs.
- Contact Chris McCart at ChristineMcCart@BHSU.edu or 605.642.6027 for information.
- Tennis Challenge Court
- Singles or Doubles
- Play a set of 6 games
- Winner plays challenger
- Winner may win 3 sets, than must forfeit court
The Young Center is open this academic year from 5:00 am - 10:00 pm on Mondays through Thursdays, 5:00 am - 8 pm on Fridays and 8:00 am - 5:00 pm on weekends.
- BHSU Athletics has priority from 3:00 - 5:00 pm through December, then 3:00 - 7:00 pm January - May. Young Center Members may not use it during this time. Please walk our hallways when the athletic teams and other groups are using the field house.
- On inclement weather days, BHSU football, BHSU softball, BHSU and SHS track and/or cross country, SHS tennis team will use the field house as needed. Reserving the Field House:
If you are interested in reserving the field house for your next event click here. Contact Joshua Roadifer at 605.642.6196.