BHSU Financial Aid - Academic Progress


In order to receive Federal Student Aid, the U.S. Department of Education requires that students maintain satisfactory academic progress toward the completion of their degree. Federal Student Aid includes Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Work-Study, Federal Perkins Loan, Federal TEACH Grant, Federal Stafford Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized), and Federal PLUS Loan. Also, other Federal Agencies may require students to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress for their aid programs. The academic record of all students will be monitored to ensure compliance with the requirements specified below. Therefore, even the academic record of those who have not received Federal Student Aid in the past may impact future eligibility. Failure to meet the following standards will result in financial aid suspension of eligibility for Federal Student Aid.

  • Academics
  • Credit Hours
  • Appeal
  • Reinstatement
  • Non-Fed Aid