Send all application materials (including application for admission, ACT/SAT scores, high school transcripts, and college transcripts if applicable) along with your $20 application fee to the Enrollment Service Center to be processed:
Enrollment Service Center
414 E. Clark Street, SDU 317
Vermillion, SD 57069
- Apply for admission to BHSU: There are three ways for you to obtain an application for admission:
Apply for admission online.
- Contact the Office of Admissions at 605.642.6343 and we will be more than happy to mail you an application.
- Ask your high school guidance counselor for an application.
- Transcripts: Request that your high school send your transcript to the Enrollment Service Center.
- Take the ACT or SAT test: (Waived if student is 22 years of age or over.) By the fall of your senior year in high school, you should have taken the ACT or SAT test. You do not need your ACT/SAT scores when you apply; just make sure they are sent to the Enrollment Service Center in Vermilion when you get the results. Or better yet, list Black Hills State University (ACT Code # 3904/SAT Code # 6042) as one of the universities to receive your ACT/SAT scores and they will be sent directly. If you do not have ACT/SAT results at the time of registration or you are over 21 years of age and have not taken the ACT/SAT test in the past five years, you will need to take the COMPASS Placement Exams for Math and English. Call the Admissions Office at 605-642-6343 to arrange for COMPASS testing.
- Application for Financial Aid & Scholarships: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be available in late December. The priority deadline is March 1, 2013, so complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after yours, your parents' or your guardians' federal income tax return has been completed. Scholarship applications are available from the Financial Aid Office in Spearfish. The scholarship application priority deadline is February 1, 2013.
- Residence Life/Housing: Residence Life information will be mailed to you upon acceptance into Black Hills State University.
- Medical Immunization Form: The immunization form will be mailed to you upon acceptance into Black Hills State University. Complete the form and either send or bring it with you when you arrive to start school. If you have any questions about completing this form, call the BHSU Health Services Office at 605.642.6520.
- Sign up for one of the New Student Registration Days: Watch for New Student Registration information in the mail that will give you dates when you will come on campus, meet with advisors and set up your class schedule for your Freshman year.
- Make plans to attend Green & Gold Days: The Green & Gold Days program is scheduled at the end of August just days before classes begin. The program is a great way to have fun, meet new friends and learn your way around campus before school starts.