If you have previously attended BHSU or another South Dakota Regental University, and have not since then attended another university, you will be considered a Returning Student. If who are looking to obtain an endorsement, or are wanting to take classes without obtaining a degree, you will be considered a Non-Degree Seeking Student.
We encourage all returning & non-degree seeking students to follow these guidelines:
- Submit a completed Returning or Non-Degree Seeking Student Application Form to the BHSU Office of Admissions.
- Application fee procedural guidelines which started August 1st, 2009 for returning students applying for the Spring 2010 term or further in the future:
- If you have attended a regental university (Black Hills State University, University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University, Northern State University, Dakota State University, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology) within the previous three terms, (including summer), your $20 application fee will be waived. If your attendance at a regental university was not within the previous three terms, you will be required to pay the $20 application fee.
- If you have attended a regental university, but have since attended a non-regental university, and it has been within the previous three terms since your attendance at the regental university, your $20 application fee will be waived. If you have attended a regenal university, but have since attended a non-regental university, and it has been more than three terms since your attendance at the regental university, you will be required to pay the $20 application fee.
- Non-Degree Seeking students are not required to pay the $20 application fee.
- Returning students who have since attended a non-regental university will need to request official transcripts from that university to be sent to the Office of Admissions address below.
Returning students must have a 2.0 (C) grade point average. Students not meeting the 2.0 GPA admission requirement may be admitted on academic probation.
Non-Degree seeking students do not have admission requirements, and are not mandated to send any high school or previous college, university, or technical school transcripts.
Contact the Office of Admissions at 605.642.6343 or 1.800.ALL.BHSU for specific registration information.
Send all application materials to the address below.
Black Hills State University
Office of Admissions
1200 University Street Unit 9502
Spearfish, SD 57799-9502