What must I do before I begin taking classes?
- A transcript evaluation must be completed by Ms Micheline Nelson, Director of Field Experiences who will determine your eligibility to participate in Project SECOND. You can mail transcripts or e-mail a copy of your unofficial transcripts with a request to evaluate them for Project SECOND to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to
Ms. Micheline Nelson
Director of Field Experiences
1200 University St.
Spearfish, SD 57799
- If you are determined eligible to participate in Project SECOND, you may at that time make application to the program. The application is available on BHSU's School of Education website at: http://www.bhsu.edu/Academics/TheColleges
- Register for the ETS Praxis II exams as needed. Praxis II exam(s) are content area exams and must be passed in the area in which you plan to student teach. You cannot be certified to teach in your content area without passing with the minimum required score (varies by state). For more information on the Praxis exams, go to: http://www.ets.org/ and select Praxis in order to view state by state information including registration, test dates, and other testing information.
- When you have successfully completed the three steps above a personal interview will be scheduled .
- Apply to both BHSU and the School of Education.
Posted on September 16, 2011 @ 09:04
Share this: E-mail