The Outdoor Education major combines studying natural history, education methods and outdoor adventure in the Black Hills, which provide the ideal location. This program has highly qualified faculty from environmental education, physical education, biology, botany, geology and mass communications.
A degree in Outdoor Education from BHSU will equip you for education positions in parks, nature centers, zoos, aquaria, eco-tourism programs, camps, wilderness programs, and much more.
The benefits of earning this degree from BHSU include:
- Hike or mountain bike scenic roads and mountain paths, watching plentiful wildlife
- Cross-country ski on miles of groomed trail
- Fly fish in scenic Spearfish Canyon
- Rock climb our world-famous Needles or Devil’s Tower
- Down-hill ski and snowboard at either of two local ski areas