A degree in Business Administration with a specialization in human resource management from BHSU will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to obtain employment as an HR professional or in a HR-related position.
With a degree in human resource management, you will experience a program taught by an interdisciplinary team of accomplished faculty including professors, entrepreneurs, and professionals in the human resource field.
The benefits of earning this degree at BHSU include:
- Credibility:The BHSU School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). www.bhsu.edu/aacsb
- Relevant:Guest lectures are provided by experts in the human resource field.
- Experiential:Field trips to visit human resource managers and officers and internship opportunities to apply knowledge gained in the program.
- Personalized Attention:Class sizes range from 10-25 students. The upper-level courses have a smaller enrollment which allows for more one-on-one time with your professors.
- Involvement:The opportunity to join the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) on campus -- an active and engaging student organization dedicated to the field of human resources.
Human Resource Management Course Requirements
Pre-Business Core - 24 semester hours
- ACCT 210 - Principles of Accounting I
- ACCT 211 - Principles of Accounting II
- BADM 320 - Quantitative Decision Analysis
- BADM 344 - Managerial Communications
- ECON 201 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 202 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- MATH 281 - Introduction to Statistics
- MIS 205 - Advanced Computer Applications
Business Core - 33 semester hours
- 300/400 level ECON elective
- BADM 310 - Business Finance
- BADM 321 - Business Statistics II
- BADM 350 - Legal Environment of Business
- BADM 360 - Organization and Management
- BADM 370 - Marketing
- BADM 407 - International Business
- BADM 425 - Production/Operations Management
- BADM 457 - Business Ethics
- BADM 482 - Business Policy and Strategy
- MIS 325 - Management Information Systems
Specialization in Human Resource Management - 18 semester hours
- HRM 417 - Human Resource Management
- HRM 452 - HRIS & Workforce Analytics
- HRM 456 - Employment Law and Policy
- HRM 459 - Personnel Planning & Selection
- HRM 465 - Compensation Management
- HRM 466 - Training & Development