Earn your degree from the School of Business at Black Hills State University in Business Administration with a specialization in accounting. This degree will prepare you to analyze the internal and external operations of a business.
With a degree in accounting, you will enter into one of the most in-demand fields of study.
The benefits of earning this degree from BHSU include:
- Credibility: The BHSU School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (ACCSB).
- Expert Faculty: Academically and professionally qualified faculty. All of our accounting faculty members are CPAs.
- Experiential: Relevant internship opportunities in the region.
- Employability: Opportunities for employment with accounting firms throughout the region and nation with excellent starting salaries.
- Involvement: The opportunity to join the Financial Management Association (FMA), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Enactus, Buzz Marketing or Travel and Tourism Club on campus--active and engaging student organizations in the field of business.
Professional Accountancy Course Requirements
Pre-Business Core - 24 semester hours
- ACCT 210 - Principles of Accounting I
- ACCT 211 - Principles of Accounting II
- BADM 320 - Quantitative Decision Analysis
- BADM 344 - Managerial Communications
- ECON 201 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 202 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- MATH 281 - Introduction to Statistics
- MIS 205 - Advanced Computer Applications
Business Core - 33 semester hours
Take 3 hours of upper level (300/400) ECON electives plus the following
- BADM 310 - Business Finance
- BADM 321 - Business Statistics II
- BADM 350 - Legal Environment of Business
- BADM 360 - Organization and Management
- BADM 370 - Marketing
- BADM 407 - International Business
- BADM 425 - Production/Operations Management
- BADM 457 - Business Ethics
- BADM 482 - Business Policy and Strategy
- MIS 325 - Management Information Systems
Professional Accountancy Core - 36 semester hours
- ACCT 310 - Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 311 - Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 361 - Accounting Computer Applications
- ACCT 430 - Income Tax Accounting
- ACCT 431 - Advanced Income Tax
- ACCT 450 - Auditing
- ACCT 460 - Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 470 - Non-Profit Accounting
- ACCT 480 - Advanced Accounting
- ACCT 490 - Seminar
- BADM 351 - Business Law
- BADM 413 - Advanced Corporate Finance
Gen Ed Requirements - 30 semester hours
- MATH - Gen Ed - Mathematics - 3 semester hours
- Gen Ed - Social Science - 6 semester hours
- Gen Ed - Art & Humanities - 6 semester hours
- Gen Ed - Natural Science & Lab - 6-8 semester hours
- ENGL 101 - Composition I
- ENGL 201 - Composition II
- SPCM 101 - Fundamentals of Speech
- SPCM 215 - Public Speaking
- SPCM 222 - Argumentation and Debate