Entering a career as a physician is a difficult, but rewarding task. Your first step is to earn a bachelor’s degree from BHSU. We have created a recommended program of study that will make your journey to becoming a physician a reality.
BHSU students have the opportunity for interactive educational experiences and one-on-one mentoring with science faculty. Faculty meet with students as they prepare for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) and the medical school application process. The research experience and extracurricular learning experiences at BHSU give our students a competitive edge.
Courses available as part of your bachelor’s degree that will prepare you for your career goals.
- BIOL 151 -- General Biology I & 151L Lab - 4
- BIOL 153 -- General Biology II & 153L Lab - 4
- BIOL 325 -- Physiology & 325L Lab - 4 (Recommended)
- BIOL 331 -- Microbiology & 331L 381L Lab - 4 (Recommended)
- BIOL 381 -- Vertebrate Anatomy & 381L Lab - 3 (Recommended)
- CHEM 112 -- General Chemistry I & 112L Lab - 4
- CHEM 114 -- General Chemistry II & 114L Lab - 4
- CHEM 326 -- Organic Chemistry I & 326L Lab - 5
- CHEM 328 -- Organic Chemistry II & 328L Lab - 5
- CHEM 464 -- Biochemistry I & 464L Lab - 5 (Recommended)
- MATH 102 -- College Algebra - 3
- MATH 121 -- Survey of Calculus - 4
- PHYS 111 -- Introduction to Physics I & 111L Lab - 4
- PHYS 113 -- Introduction to Physics II & 113L Lab - 4
BHSU Students who went on to Professional Programs:
Brett Theeler: 2001 Graduate with a Biology major and a Nelson Scholar
After completing his degree here at BHSU, Brett attended medical school at the Uniformed Services University for Health Sciences at Bethesda, MD. Currently, he is stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA doing a neurology internship at Madigan Army Medical Center.
Daniel Miller: 2004 - Graduated with highest honors in Biology. He is now attending the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, MD.
Other BHSU graduates who have went on to Professional Programs
Derek Gilbert ('98, USD)
Chris Davidson ('99, USD)
Michelle Corsini ('00, USD)
Norma Walks (’00, Minn.-Twin Cities)
Ben Aaker (’01, USD)
Nathan Steinle ('01, USD)
Brett Theeler ('01, Uniformed Services Univ.)
Tricia Lawrence ('02, USD)
Kelly Larson (=Stock) ('02, USD)
Peter Pelegrin ('02, USD)
Eric Anderson (’04, USD)
Daniel Miller (’04, Johns Hopkins)
Joel Pearson (’05, NY Med. Coll.)
Rebecca Linquist (Welke) (’05, USD)
Kirsten Graslie (’06, USD)
Judy Locati (’07, Ross)
Samantha Hersrud (’08, USD)
Jake Miller (’09, USD MD/PhD)
Samantha Sharpe (’09, THE Ohio State)
Trent Waage (’09, USD)
Kayla Haines (’10, USD)
Marcella Knauf (’11, USD)
Interested in the medical field? Discover how BHSU can help you.