Teaching English Overseas
Thank you for your interest in teaching English internationally! Most of the options to teach English internationally before you graduate with your bachelor’s degree are based on teaching conversational English. Therefore, it is less rigorous and daunting for students that have not graduated. There are many opportunities to teach English, especially in Asia, however, the Office of International Studies has formed agreements with a few partners to assist in this process.
There are many great benefits of teaching English overseas. Depending on the length of teaching and the location. Some of the benefits are included below:
- Assistance in paying for flights
- Place to live upon arrival
- Small monthly stipend
- Housing assistance
- Guidance in exploring the country/culture
- Certificate of Achievement for your resume
TaLK - Teach and Learn in Korea
Program invites current students and recent graduates who seek to broaden their horizon by expanding their multi-cultural experiences as well as real-life professional experience of teaching.
Participants will receive Korean government scholarships and teach after-school English classes 9 hours a week at elementary schools while continuing their studies at BHUS's partner university, Yeungnam. Eligibility:
- be a citizen of a country where the national language is English: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK or USA
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student (must have completed 2 years) or graduate student
- Be able to attend one of the TaLK-affiliated universities in Korea
|Start of Work