How do I apply to study abroad?
Required steps after selecting a study abroad program
- Complete Application and Planning Guide to Study Abroad. Planning Guide available from the Office of International Relations & Global Engagement.
- Meet with your advisor about your degree plan
- Meet with the Office of International Relations & Global Engagement to answer any questions
- Check any travel warnings in your chosen country
- Apply for your chosen program
- Apply for any necessary VISAs needed to study in your chosen country
- Check if there are any required vaccinations
- Buy your plane ticket
- Enroll in CISI, the SDBOR approved Study Abroad Insurance Policy, through the Office of International Studies