The Sociology major at Black Hills State University focuses on the study of social life, social change, and the social causes and consequences of human behavior. Students in the program expand their social awareness and gain critical thinking skills that will benefit them in their professional and personal lives.
Graduates of the BHSU Sociology program prepare for successful careers in criminal justice, government, business and industry, research and planning, advocacy, and communications. They are prepared to make a difference in society.
The benefits of getting this degree from BHSU include:
- Have personal access to professors who have a wealth of experiences in the field
- Take interesting courses that study sociological theories and apply them to the outside world
- Have opportunities for travel to regional and national conferences to present your own research
- Get involved in numerous campus organizations
- Participate in meaningful internships in the community