A health minor is applicable to many areas of emphasis. Health is more important than ever before from early childhood to older adults. The intent of the health minor is to allow students the opportunity to explore topics related to human health and well-being.
This minor can enhance personal health as well as be useful in future career areas. It prepares graduates to be lifelong participants in and advocates for healthy living.
Health Minor Course Requirements:
- 3 HLTH 110 Health Concepts
- 2 HLTH 201 ATOD Prevention Ed
- 1 HLTH 251 First Aid & CPR
- 3 HLTH 370 Stress Management
- 3 HLTH 410 Current Issues in Health
- 3 HLTH 420 K-12 Methods of Health Instruction
- 3 HTLH 422 Nutrition
For more information contact Christine Ahmed at 605.645.6042 or email her at Christine Ahmed