Educational Outreach support staff is available to help you with your Distance Learning questions. Contact EducationalOutreach@bhsu.edu at any time.
Getting Started Check List
- Explore courses (Online and DDN courses).
- Register for the course.
- Use the online registration form if you are non-degree seeking and wanting to register only for Distance Learning courses. Submission of online registration form does not guarantee your registration into courses. Registration will depend upon course space availability and completion of any course prerequisites.
- Use the admission form and the online registration form if you are a new degree seeking student and wish to use financial aid.
- Use WebAdvisor if you are a current student at BHSU. A tutorial is available as a PDF document or video.
- You will receive notification via an email with registration confirmation and course access information.
- Visit the BHSU Bookstore online to order your textbooks or call (605) 642-6636.
- Visit the BHSU Login Help page to retrieve your username and password for BHSU email, WebAdvisor, library barcode, and D2L username. Video and PDF tutorials for creating your D2L password are available.
- Online courses are delivered via Desire2Learn. Make sure that you have access to a computer and Internet connection. Also visit our minimum technical requirements for D2L page.
- You will receive an email from your instructor at the beginning of your online course. If you do not receive that email by the second day of class, please contact the Educational Outreach office. Some Distance Learning courses will have deadlines and due dates shortly after the start of the course.
- Questions? Read the FAQs.
Educational Outreach - For questions regarding distance education
BHSU Login Help - To access the BHSU student email system, Desire2Learn, WebAdvisor, and the BHSU library distance services
Disability Services - Provides students with disabilities with support and accommodations
Registrar’s Office - Student registration, Enrollment verification, Academic records maintenance, Transfer credit evaluation, Academic catalogs, Awarding degrees, WebAdvisor assistance, Withdrawals, Transcript services
Admissions - Assistance with enrollment
Student Success Center - Assists student with testing, tutoring, advisement, and study-skill development
Student Financial Services - For questions regarding Financial Aid, billing, and payment options
BHSU Bookstore - Textbook purchasing, with online purchases available
E.Y. Berry Library-Learning Center - For library resources that are available to both on-campus and off-campus students
Desire2Learn - Assistance with your Desire2Learn account
WebAdvisor - Financial Profile, Financial Aid Status, Registration, Academic Profile (grades, class schedule)