Individuals who have degrees from accredited colleges or universities that could lead to teaching in secondary content areas and have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.6 or higher are eligible. Students in the master’s degree program must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in graduate courses.
Is Project SELECT right for you?
- are able to complete a rigorous full-time, ten-month program
- can complete the teacher candidate internship in schools in the Rapid City area
How to Apply to Project SELECT
- Contact Susan D’Aniello, Project SELECT Director at 605.641.5951 or 605.718.4365 or email Susan.DAniello@BHSU.edu. Students are encouraged to contact the director with any questions or concerns throughout the application process.
- Email a copy of your unofficial transcripts with a request to evaluate them for eligibility to Micheline Nelson, Director of Field Experiences at BHSU, at Micheline.Nelson @BHSU.edu.
- Apply to Project SELECT upon eligibility to participate. The application is available at www.BHSU.edu/ProjectSELECT.
- Register for the Praxis Content Knowledge test indicated on your transcript review. For more information on the Praxis exams, go to www.ets.org. Under Praxis select South Dakota for information including registration, test dates, and other testing information.
Mail three professional letters of recommendation to the Project SELECT director:
Dr. Susan D’Aniello
Project SELECT Director
University Center-Rapid City
4300 Cheyenne Blvd.
PO Box 250
Rapid City, SD 57709
- Complete interview scheduled by the coordinator.
- Apply to BHSU at www.BHSU.edu/Apply and select Graduate, specifying the MS in Secondary Education
Posted on March 01, 2014 @ 11:58